Today is my mom’s birthday. Above is the gallery of her images taken here and there in the last year (Photo: MM & BM), and below are ten reasons why I love her and ten songs that she likes so that she won’t need to surf for them again. Happy birthday, mom, and I wish everybody would be so lucky as me.
What I love about my mom:
10. That I was lucky to be born near her.
9. That she is not related to my father.
8. That she is 100% un-ear deaf and sings better than Rita Pavone.
7. That she annually hops from one saltworks to the other and goes on a walk almost around Ljubljana in celebration of its liberation (Why? adds Marco).
6. That she is a member of Slovene Partisan Veteran Association and The Association for the Recognition of Sauté Potatoes with Onions as a Main Dish.
5. That she and my father passed to me the gift of love for books and reading and read me all the right books when I was little.
4. That she loves my dog almost as much as me even though she was once mortally afraid of dogs.
3. That she has remained a little girl but with high moral standards.
2. That she has found such peace in the garden, and in dad.
1. That now that I’m away all I can remember about her are the good things.
The song Mateja loves calamari is no longer available online. Therefore we bring you Klara, you are blonde:
Mom has a question. This is how she writes: “Please help understand. Play these four videos and tell me where the hell to draw the line between normal and ‘abnormal’. I love the last one, ‘Mateja loves calamari’, more than the other three, even though I adore all four of them. Where is this line then?”
My reply was that ‘normal’ was just a setting on the dishwasher.
I’m leaving the songs here for everyone to form an opinion. Lyrics are given bellow (the last two translated by Manja Maksimovičon the spot).
Magnifico: Hir aj kam hir aj go / Here I come here I go
Munchen, Frankfurt, Germania, Roma, Napoli via Italia, New York bussines America, All around the world my familia, Vodka, Russia, Transsibiria, Twentyfour hours to Australia Here and there and everywhere All around the world my compania
Hir aj kom hir aj go / Here I come here I go Hir aj muv hir aj gruv / Here I move here I groove
London Paris Skandinavia, Marihuana Tirana Albania, Export import diaspora, Everybody now turbomania, Rio, Maracana, Brasilia, Africa, India al Arabia, Here and there and everywhere, Oo Magnifico and compania.
Pero Lovšin & Sokoli: Mary, help me (Marija, pomagaj mi) (translated by Manja Maksimovičon the spot)
The train has left, it’s dawning outsidethe band has fell silent, the game is long over Mary, help me, Mary, help me.The fire has died, the friends are all gonethe wine has run out, my love is no moreMary, help me, Mary, help me.Come down to Earth, I’ll ask you to dance,you will see how it is when you make love for real.
Moralna mačka: Mateja loves calamari (Mateja ima rada lignje) (translated by Manja Maksimovičon the spot)
Mmmm yummy, they are so good, calamari and French friesThere’s a really cute girl, her name is Mateja,she loves calamari, I just don’t know if anything else.That’s why I will ask her, of courseFrench fries go well with calamari,the dessert, the soup, and so on,this is a good lunch for her.Mateja loves calamari and French fries and so on,She should cram a plateful of calamariand eat them with joy.Drink must be as well,but only non-alcoholic,coca-cola, sprite and so on,some of this you drink, Mateja.So I have decided to ask youif you really adore calamari so much,I’d love to send them to you via facebook and youtubebut sadly I can’t.Mateja loves calamari and French fries and so on,and she washes them down with a coke or a sprite and then goes to sleep, cause she’s so full.Mmm, yummy, calamari are so good,yeah, bring another portion, and for me one too, and some French fries, and mayo, and ajvarwhere are the calamari and French friesbye-bye.