Today is my mom’s birthday. Above is the gallery of her images taken here and there in the last year (Photo: MM & BM), and below are ten reasons why I love her and ten songs that she likes so that she won’t need to surf for them again. Happy birthday, mom, and I wish everybody would be so lucky as me.
What I love about my mom:
10. That I was lucky to be born near her.
9. That she is not related to my father.
8. That she is 100% un-ear deaf and sings better than Rita Pavone.
7. That she annually hops from one saltworks to the other and goes on a walk almost around Ljubljana in celebration of its liberation (Why? adds Marco).
6. That she is a member of Slovene Partisan Veteran Association and The Association for the Recognition of Sauté Potatoes with Onions as a Main Dish.
5. That she and my father passed to me the gift of love for books and reading and read me all the right books when I was little.
4. That she loves my dog almost as much as me even though she was once mortally afraid of dogs.
3. That she has remained a little girl but with high moral standards.
2. That she has found such peace in the garden, and in dad.
1. That now that I’m away all I can remember about her are the good things.
Happy 40, mom!