First I read the theme as book and had a photo of my new 7 acquisitions ready. They will have to wait for one of the next posts.
Then I thought it was food, and still wanted to post the books. They are soul food after all, and two of the books are about food (yep, got myself two Pollans). But since Sylvain said cook, here are some of my favourite home-made dishes.
Make no mistake: the chefs are amore and father (the last two photos). Oh, the strudel – that was mine, all mine. (Names of dishes in captions)
How puntarelle are made
Spaghetti alle vongole
Chicken with peppers
Pork with apples
Improvised sacher cake
Another improvised cake
Father’s blueberry crostata
Father and his bread
Photo: a © signature mmm production
For Sylvain Landry’s SL-WEEK 35: Cook
There are other remote favourites but you are the one who talks back to me. This is kind of important. Even though right now I’m not reading anybody. It’s too hot. But the best feeling in the world is to know that you are waiting. To be read.
You celebrate today (because here it’s already today) and these are the things that I wish to give you.
1. Aprite le finestre al nuovo sole. Always, opened windows and new sun.
2. That one day somebody finds your book like I found this one, on a wall, and left it there. The writer is a long-dead woman. Before opening the book I said to myself: Watch out! The title is a challenge, a riddle to be solved, a symbol of life and everything. And then it was this:
“A face in the mirror. Novel in five parts.”
3. A library shopping window with books that have a colour in its title: Blue Sky, Little Grey Mouse, Green Ship, and then, in the middle there: Hello, Red Fox. Ink is red. Fox is green.
4. Painting of sea creatures by Dača.
5. Dad’s blueberry crostata.
6. A huge sweetest watermelon from Roma with decorations from the attached cake.
7. Me, as happy reading you. Soon.
Happy birthday, Kara, and let the words and the world serve you well.
≈ Manja Maksimovič ≈